Hey, welcome to ‘Discover Granada, the Last Muslim Kingdom of Al-Andalus’
By default we now offer a self-guided trip until you reach Cordoba, and through to Granada, where we recommend for small and large groups to be guided.
Join first “walk and talk” welcome experience through Cordoba and then again in Granada. Your group would hereby effectively be assisted through any program in town for your main day in the City. Independently of Cordoba, in Granada we again offer the option and strongly recommend to have us welcome you to our home town in person while also hiring one of our best guides to the Alhambra, the last Muslim palatial town of Al-Andalus.
This partially guided approach doesn’t exclude your option for a fully guided trip from arrival to departure, while our independent trips are guided through a clear day by day plan, in digital format with inisghtful content to travel through the main cities of Andalusia and Spain, online and phone assistance.
When guided and with private transportation, 👉🏼 Madrid arrivals are guided through Toledo for a first night on our way to Córdoba. 👉🏼 Malaga arrivals can head straight to Cordoba and optionally visit Toledo and Madrid on their way out.
Day 1-3 → Discover Cordoba, the Umayyad Capital of Al-Andalus.
Aim to meet up in Córdoba and start in the morning by 10 am.
Visit Umayyad Mosque Visit the historical centre of Cordoba, medina al-Qadima including private museums, expositions and an optional group dinner in town.
DAY 3-5 → Discover Granada, the last Muslim Kingdom of Al-Andalus.
You will be introduced to the modern capital of Granada, we will go through the most important areas of the historical medina within the modern city center, the old medina after which Granada is named. After this introduction, you will have free time for shopping, leisure walks or activities in Granada, during your last afternoon in Spain.
*Optional Day 6-7 Sevilla - Madrid or Sevilla Malaga
Toledo - Madrid departure route. Independent city plans in Madrid.
Explore the history of Madrid from an islamic city, to the capital of Spain today. Appreciate Spain’s full flavour, connecting from Al-Andalus, and the ‘Moriscos’ to former ‘Castille’, La Mancha, Toledo and central Spain.
Madrid also offers leisure and shopping programs to your custom arrangements. Should you need any assistant in town please contact hop over to our guides section and pick your dates! Thank you.
Plan your arrival city and route into Cordoba and Granada via our online planning form “Design Your Own Travel Plan”, here you will be promted with all of the right options to connect through to this travel plan through Cordoba, Granada, and beyond to Seville, Málaga, or back through the main Spanish capitals, at your own pace and style: admin.alandalus-experience.com
With this travel plan through Andalusia, Spain, we provide you day by day scheduled itinerary plan, with booking consulting and assistance as well as optional in-person local guides at any part of the program, monument guided tours or other activities and arrangements to set the trip to your own standards while you are planning your trip.
8-10 h/day Group Travel Assistant/Tour Leader
Get 8-10 hours per day of in-person group travel assistance and on-route outdoor guidance in Andalusia, Spain. The price includes personal travel and meal expenses, it does not include transportation of any sort.
Book a local guide for this trip from start to end, and optionally pay online through Stripe using the link or form below.
Why plan with Al-Andalus Experience?
Guided VS Independent, a hard choice made easier with our flexible welcome city tours and daytime travel assistants only where required.
- Free & Easy vs Guided Approaches.
- Local Package Deals vs Self-Booking.
- Expert Travel Consulting & Assistance.
- Unique Insight & Narrative Content.
- Custom Experiences & Special Events.
Knowledge is freedom, ‘Discover Al-Andalus’
Choose your own travel style.
Opt-in city tours and road trips.
Combine with independent city escapes.
Combine with nature breaks.
Get infomed booking choices.
Travel through “the heart” of Al-Andalus and back.
We will assist you through the planning stage, location, sites, transportation and accommodation with flexible booking options for each.
Customize this trip
Hire a local guide
Host Your Own Group Trip
With city accommodation to all standards and intercity fast train connections you needn’t be guided beyond Cordoba and Granada. Unless you want a narrative private coach trip from Toledo through to Cordoba for your group, or a concise introduction and historical review in Cordoba or Seville, you may prefer to get the fast train and a small taxi, then have us walk you through town in Granada only, or Cordoba and Granada. Either way you won’t loose out on our personal experience through a short walk in Granada, our hometown.
Do you offer full packages?
Yes, the bulk of our bookings are produced as fully comprehensive travel packages, including accommodation, transport, guidance, activities and meals. We are currently covering all group bookings through solid partnerships with local well reputed wholesale tour operators. This way we cover all group bookings with ease, allowing the core of our service to focus on attaining high-standard travel plans to meet Muslim travel needs in Andalusia, Spain, Portugal and beyond.
What Do You Get?
- The best of Al-Andalus Experience’s local team supporting you with our knowledge, experience, contacts, resources and tools.
- Guarantee to get the best local fair prices and a cohesive plan for all your trip or event expenses.
- Booking links self-booking options for accommodation, transportation, meals, activities, guides, and tickets, all attached to your plan in an “important document” section of easy access within our mobile app support.
- Best travel plan route and text guides for your custom group need.
- Day-by-day location and event-based plan for your trip or event.
- A tidy list of all of our opt-in services, throughout your trip or on a per city basis, for you to confirm upon choice ahead of finalizing your travel or event plan.
- Email invitations to guest lists after the plan is confirmed and ready to share.
- Add media or document assets to your program per event in your plan’s schedule.
- Ask us if you need any further help and we can discuss a flexible way to solve your need to the best standards and final outcome, “in shaa a’ Allah”.
Why Should We Hire a Travel Assistant Local Guide?
- Group guide to connect all of the locations and events on your trip or event plan.
- Welcome service and local information.
Trip or event narrative guide.
- Guaranteed 100% program times optimization
- Large group logistics manager.
- Transport not included.
- Courtesy driving of your own rental vehicle, is free, and recommended.
- Groups Requiring bus transport should inlcude our bus+driver service separately.
Tell me more about the meal plans.
Meals can be pre-booked and paid for at the establishment. If you prefer to choose your own meals on the go, you may use our schedule’s built-in restaurant suggestions.
Do you work with worldwide tour operators and travel agencies?
Yes, mostly. Our service is flexible so professional travel or event organisers may choose where we help them and how they may draw in their own value to their offers, being innovative and competitive, and performing at the highest standards with our assistance.